REQUEST A CALLBACK
Here at Optimised Plumbing Services, we offer Sydney locals our trusted roof leak repair services. With over 20 years of experience performing repair jobs with roof damages and issues, we understand how to resolve any problem. Our Emergency Plumbers will arrive on time and perform the roof leak repair efficiently. We also perform high quality roof maintenance and leak detection services to help prevent potential long term issues.
WHY IS MY ROOF LEAKING?
Roof leaks are more likely to occur from general wear and tear, weather influences and the condition of the roof. The main causes for leaks on the roof are:
- Cracked Flashing – flashings are thin metals located under the shingles and on joints to help with water resistance. If the flashing is made of tar it can corrode over time and in general flashing can be ruined by weather conditions. When the flashing begins to break then there is a chance that water will leak through.
- Broken Shingles – shingles or tiles can break due to wear and tear and the weather. Because of the broken tiles, roof leaks can occur as there will be a gap in the roof.
- Unsealed Valleys – valleys are where two parts of the roof will join and are often sloped in their shape. If they are not correctly sealed or have broken then rain can easily pass through and leak.
- Cracked Vent Booting – the small plumbing venting pipes that poke out of the roof are used for venting and expelling moisture might be causing the leaks. If the sealing is not correct or if the pipe breaks then leaks can occur.
- Ice Buildup – in colder areas ice may build up on the edge of the roof which will prevent water from flowing away. If this occurs then water cannot correctly flow from the roof and away from the house and may cause leaks.
- Incorrectly Installed Skylights – skylights may be installed incorrectly leading to the sides not being completely sealed. This is often from the measurements being wrong, the skylight is not fitted properly and the insulation decaying.
- Clogged Gutters – this type of Blocked Drain can easily occur and will leak to roof leaks at times. If the gutters are not cleared then a buildup of debris can cause water to not flow properly and leak out.
- Old Age – older roof systems, such as over 30 years, are likely to have more issues than freshly installed roofs. Having the roof not properly maintained over the years will also increase the risk of a leaky roof.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF A ROOF LEAK?
The main signs to look for indicates a roofing contractor needs to be called to repair a leak are:
- Water leaking from the ceiling or walls inside or outside
- Puddles of water are forming or drip near the roof
- Water stains are appearing on the walls and ceiling
- The walls outside are covered in water spots, mould, mildew or moss
- There are obvious parts of the roof missing, such as the shingles, or broken
- The gutters or downspouts are blocked and may have been for some time
When these signs are noticed then the chance of a leak is high and might already be occurring. It is important that a licensed plumber resolves the leakage as soon as possible. This is to ensure that the chance of future costs to repair the roof, leak and water damage are kept as minimal as possible.
It is also important that no one stands on the roof as the roof can be weak and more damage can be done. If the water leak has entered the home the chance of mould building up is high as well which can be a health risk.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A ROOF LEAK REPAIR?
As there are many reasons the roof might leak there are many different tasks a roof leak repair tradesman might perform. The job to fix the leak might be small but there are often multiple other jobs needing to be done in the process. Most times inspections followed by the actual repair and resolving any water damage is carried out. Some of the tasks that are involved in a roof leak repair job are:
- Replacing any flashing which has cracked and causes water to leak through
- Replace any roof tiles that are chipped, cracked or broken
- Seal valleys and plumbing vents to prevent water from leaking through
- Ensure the skylights are correctly fitted and repair any damages involved
- Clearing out any blockages that are inside of the guttering system and ensure the whole unit is clean
- Cleaning out any mould and other contaminants that have formed due to the water damage
- Perform a general pressure cleaning to guarantee that the roof is clean
- Carry out any further emergency roof repair jobs to ensure the leaking stops
WHERE CAN I GET PROFESSIONAL LEAKING ROOF REPAIRS IN SYDNEY?
Optimised Plumbing Services promises that our roof leak repair Sydney services are the best for locals. Our highly recommended fully qualified plumbers will be able to work with all roofs in any location. From metal roofs to roofs that are old age, we make sure that the leak is resolved correctly. During the roof repair service, our team will also operate safely and make certain to finish the tasks on time.
Our Sydney roofing services to help stop leaks are here for every suburb, including Greater Western Sydney, North Shore and Eastern Suburbs. We promise to arrive on time and have the roof leak repair completed professionally and efficiently. Trust Optimised Plumbing Services to stop and prevent roof leaks from damaging your home now!