How To Fix Laundry & Washing Machine Blockages?
Emergency Call - 24/7
Laundry blockages and washing machine blockages often create draining issues and the inability to use the appliances. This plumbing problem is usually caused by soap scum, lint and fabric build-up and oil and grease blockages. The washing machine drain and sink drain located in the laundry room can be resolved through certain effective techniques. Optimised Plumbing Services is here with our Blocked Drain plumbers to professionally resolve washing machine and laundry drain clogs.
Laundry blockages and washing machine blockages can be resolved by anyone or through a professional plumbing appliance repair service. To fix a laundry blockage using boiling water, a mixture of baking soda with vinegar or a plumber’s snake will help. Washing machine blockages are often fixed by utilising specific chemical cleaners or cleaning the drain hose with a plumber’s snake.
How Do I Fix a Laundry Blockage?
The laundry sink being blocked is a common problem especially when clothes are washed inside the laundry tub. Laundry plumbing can also sometimes be connected with the kitchen sink’s plumbing. This can mean foods, oils and scraps may enter the laundry plumbing and cause it to be blocked. The main ways that laundry blockages can be easily resolved are:
- Boil up a pot of water and wait for the laundry sink to be completely drained
- Slowly pour the boiling water into the laundry sink and wait 15 minutes
- Run water down the sink to determine if the blockage has been dissolved. Repeat the process a few times or move onto another method
Baking Soda Mixed With Vinegar
- Gather baking soda and vinegar to be used for clearing the laundry blockage
- Pour a quarter of a cup of baking soda into the laundry sink drain
- Pour one and a quarter cup of vinegar after the baking soda into the laundry sink
- Cover the drain with a stopper if possible or use a towel and leave the solution for twenty minutes
- After 20 minutes have passed take off the sink stopper and pour water inside the laundry sink
The P-trap may be clogged with grease and other items causing the laundry sink to be clogged.
- First place a bucket under and unscrew the P-trap
- Clean out any visible blockages that are within the P-trap or in the pipes vertically under the laundry sink
- Reconnect the P-trap and run water down the sink to determine if the blockage has been removed
- From under the sink, remove the P-trap and insert the plumber’s snake into the laundry sink pipe
- Turn the handle on the plumber’s snake until the blockage has been found often when the tool cannot move any further
- Turn the handle and tool to grab the blockage and remove it from the drains
- If the plumber’s snake cannot clear the blockage then often the other techniques or a plumber will need to complete the job
How Do I Fix a Washing Machine Blockage?
Washing machine blockages can happen when the washing machine pump and drain pipe are full of clothing materials. Oils and grease from the clothes and towels and also soap from washing detergent can also create blockages. The best ways to resolve washing machine blockages are:
The drain of the washing machine is likely to be located on the back of the machine. The drain hose will be connected to the machine or placed behind it securely. When cleaning the durian make sure to differentiate between the cold and hot water lines. To utilise drain cleaners effectively to clear washing machine clogs follow these steps:
- Run boiling water down the drain slowly to loosen the blockages. This step may also remove the clog effectively as the boiling water can dissolve blockages
- Remove the hose from the machine and pour a commercial drain cleaner or a combination of baking soda with vinegar into the drain pipe. Make sure the commercial drain clever is safe for washing machine usage and wait 15-20 minutes for the solutions to work
- Reattach the drain hose of the washing machine and inspect to see if the process has cleared the clog.
Another effective method to resolve washing machine blockages is to utilise a plumber’s snake tool. This method can be used when the chemical cleaner has not correctly removed the clog from the drain.
- Remove the drain hose from the washing machine, often located at the beach of the machine
- Feed the plumber’s snake tool down the drain hose until resistance has been met
- Turn the snake tool to grab and loosen the clog that is inside the drain hose and pull it out
- Reattach the drain hose back onto the washing machine when the clogged has been removed
Reliable and Professional Laundry and Washing Machine Blockage Services
Our blocked drain plumbers here at Optimised Plumbing Services are able to resolve any laundry blockages and washing machine blockages in Sydney. Our fully qualified plumbers will arrive on time and utilise the most effective methods to clear the laundry clogs. Each plumber will also make certain to work swiftly and safely during the whole laundry blockage removal service.
We will work across all of Sydney, including Northern Beaches and Sutherland Shire, to resolve laundry blockages and washing machine blockages. Our Emergency Plumber services are also available to ensure plumbing emergencies at any time will be professionally handled.
No matter the type of laundry blockages and washing machine blockages in Sydney – contact Optimised Plumbing Services on 0411 217 174!